We’ve been getting a lot of coverage regarding a recent article in Mobile Marketer. The position we take for mobile marketing to holiday shoppers is simple: convert, convert, convert.
While other times of the year focus on development of brand recognition and loyalty, successful holiday marketing taps a different shopper psychology. It’s about solving an immediate need with a lean, deal-oriented approach.
Here’s some key insights to keep in mind as we move into this high-volume, transaction oriented time of year.
- Shoppers want to buy the products they are researching on mobile devices – implement a strong strategy, and you will assuredly be generating customers with mobile marketing.
- During the holidays consumers are shopping for their loved ones. That means the people completing the purchase are not your target audience and won’t respond to loyalty-based ads.
- High value goods, top-notch experiences and simplicity will drive last-mile conversion.
- Deals, steals and quick experiences trump flash and fancy downloads.
- Review web data from previous years to understand how customer behaviors change during the holiday season.
- Key touch points include Web sites, call centers, thank you emails, order confirmations and other points of contact throughout the transaction process.
- A good purchase experience is the best start or enhancement to a relationship.